Yoga Teacher Prep Contributor Guidelines
We love to share stories here at Yoga Teacher Prep. We believe that a supportive community is an open community where each of our learnings can serve to help others craft their own unique story.
Have you had an interesting yoga journey? Want to share your yoga teacher training experience? Think a review of your YTT program would be helpful to others? Let Yoga Teacher Prep be your platform as your sharing circle.
Why Share Here?
We hope you want to offer up your experiences for the benefit of others. In addition to that, we are happy to help you establish yourself as a writer and improve your online presence by:
- Promoting your story on our social media channels and/or in our newsletter.
- Professionally editing and providing feedback on your story (when time allows).
- Giving full writing credit including an author byline, bio and link back to your site.
- If you’ve provided an image, you’ll also get full credit.
Plus, a community is only as strong as the people who support it. We hope this will be both a giving and receiving of gratitude.
Writing Guidelines – Your Yoga Story
Here is what we’re looking for:
- This must be your personal yoga story. A good story will share not just the how or when but also the why. We love pieces that feel like a journal entry.
- Stories should be between 500 and 1000 words (no longer).
- You must be the author of the piece – no blog mill pieces please and certainly no plagiarism.
- We will not accept reprints or articles published elsewhere online. Re-edits are welcome with prior permission.
- Submissions accompanied by an original photograph that you are willing to grant us the rights to publish will be preferred.
- A single link in the author bio is all that is allowed.
- Native advertising, branded content, or otherwise promotional content will not be considered.
- We reserve the right to edit the copy as we deem necessary and/or add an image or graphic as we see fit.
- We reserve the right not to publish a submitted piece regardless of previous arrangements.
Writing Guidelines – Yoga Teacher Training Program Review
We are happy to share your experience at any type of yoga teacher training. Here is what we suggest you include:
- All of the above except 1 and 2.
- A clear indication of when and where you attended your training so we can confirm your attendance.
- Name of school and their website.
- Details about the training itself (style, length of program, best thing about the program, worst thing about the program, who the program is perfect for, who it’s not right for, would you recommend this program).
- Your personal story and experience – try not to only focus on the mechanics of the school, we want to know what it was like and how it affected you. Also, think about the audience as someone who might consider attending the school. What would you tell them?
- Paid endorsements are not accepted.
- Reviews should be a minimum of 400 words and no more than 800 words.
How to Submit Your Story
Email us your story (in the body of the email, not as an attachment) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Yoga Story Submission: [Title of Story] OR YTT Review: [Name of School] in the subject line. We will let you know if we decide to publish your story however, we can’t guarantee that your story will be published.
Be sure to also include your social media handles so we can connect with you that way as well.
Thanks for your interest in sharing your journey with other yoga teachers and aspiring yoga teachers- together we build this community with knowledge and open hearts.
Cheers and Namaste,
The YTP Sangha